Sunday, July 5, 2009

Until The Cows Come Home


"Until the cows come home."
An expression - 
but, what does it mean?
You know you've heard it before. 
There is no definitive explanation for this expression.
Generally speaking,
the cows "come home" when they are hungry. 
Depending on the season,
depending on the state of the pasture,
depending on the size of the pasture....
the cows could stay out a LONG time!
Just like this expression,
there are so many things in my life that lack a definite answer.
So many unanswered questions.
I just moved to a new town back in November,
my circle of friends is really a triangle....
(of course, this suits my personality - leave it to me to be different)
I know my neighbor across the street
and I have made one friend.
I find myself asking;
How long will I live here?
How long will I be alone?
What should I be doing with my life?
What is my purpose?
Why is life fraught with hurt?
When will my heart heal?
I don't have any answers...
So, this is as good as any.
I am smiling
and I keep dancing
stuck here in Union
alone
until the cows come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment