Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hope Like a Child....

Remember those days as a child when you knew exactly what you wanted out of life? I often think back to when my daughter Keeley was little and she loved the color pink. She would tell people, "when I grow up, I am going to be a doctor and I am going to get married to a pink husband and live in a pink house with pink grass." When Drew was little he insisted on being called "Farmer Drool" and he used to tell people that he was going to live in a house that looked like a big red barn that had 37 bedrooms and he was going to have 14 wives and 117 children! Some pretty specific hopes.

The Bible says we are to become as little children. I think the lesson here is to know what you want and what you hope for. We lose ourselves through the pressures of life and we forget what it is we really want or we figure we can't have it anyway so, settle for a plan B, C, D or even F. I know I need more money but I don't know how much, I know I need a new car but I don't know what kind exactly. When I was a kid I could have told you make, model, year and color.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for..... faith brings into being the things we hope for but if our hope is not specific then is it really hope at all? How can you have faith for something vague and nebulous?

Make your list.... what is it that you are believing God for? Imagine yourself with it, see yourself with what you hope for.......hope, after all, is the first step.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I said this before but, I really liked this one!!
    You slipped his one in on me sooner then I thought.haha.
    But, I really liked this Laurie.. thank you.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete